- Benefits of League Registration
You'll score lots of benefits when you register your league with SPO - The Home of Slo-Pitch!
- Reduced league registration fees that will save your league hundreds of dollars
- Insurance for your Executive and Players
- Easy online registration and league management system
- Individual Member Registration for your players ensures you have up-to-date information, protects everyone's privacy and personal information, and confirms their acceptance of the Release, Waiver & Indemnity Agreement
- Access to our new SPO Mobile App and Rewards Program for all registered SPO Members
- Unbeatable prices in The SPOrt Store on amazing merchandise and gear from our corporate partners like Rawlings, Worth, Miken, New Era, and more!
- Access to Game On Mobile's League & Tournament Management platform for scheduling, scores, standings, and more!
- Invitations for your teams to compete at The SPO Ontario Championships
- Friendly and knowledgeable office staff to assist you and your players all year long
- Peace of mind knowing your players are properly registered and insured
- More opportunities for your players to participate
Contact us TODAY to find out more! Call (905) 646-7773, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- League Registration Fees
- Bat Policy For Leagues
It is SPO's intention with any bat policy to protect all of our Members, and to maintain the integrity of the game.
Essentially, SPO supports two policies for bats:
1) Elite Programs (Super Series)
In these Programs, we follow the USSSA Licensed/Approved Bat Policy. To be legal, a bat must bear the "USSSA BPF 1.20" mark on its taper. This mark is known as the "Thumbprint", and is shown below.
The new bat standard was introduced to address the problem of the previous composite bats "breaking in" (either naturally, or by mechanical means) to a level beyond the legal limit.
Old USSSA Stamp: Now Legal Indefinitely! These were made from 2012 to 2020 and meet the 220lb compression testing. Manufacturers can make bats to meet the 220lb compression standard, but they can no longer have this USSSA Stamp.
New NTS Stamp: Beginning with 2021 Models, USSSA is using the new 240lb compression standard with the NTS Stamp, shown below. Moving forward, 240lb compression standard bats are all that can be approved to have a USSSA Stamp on them.
2) League Programs
We realize that not all players and teams, especially at lower levels, will have, or even want these "new" bats and we are cognizant that some Leagues have their own views of what rules they want to use.
SPO has always, and will continue, to allow individual Leagues to modify their rules to best suit their membership. This is especially true when it comes to which bats they allow for play. Each League may determine what bats will be allowed in their own League.
For example, Leagues may wish to continue using our previous bat policy which allows any bat that has the new USSSA logo, or the older "USSSA BPR 1.20" wording stamped on the bat. Some League may wish to allow only the "old" aluminum bats. Still others may wish to adopt the policy followed in our Elite Programs (as set out above). The choice belongs to the individual League! SPO is here to provide services and benefits to our Members and to assist Leagues with their programs, not control them. (Please also be aware that no matter what policy you decide on, wooden softball bats are always legal.)
One of the concerns Leagues may have is to know that the bats used in their League are, in fact, legal and do not exceed the legal limit. SPO has purchased several Bat Compression Testers. These are available on a rental basis to allow a League to test the bats used in their League. Any interested League should contact the SPO office for further details.
WARNING: Anyone purchasing a new model bat should make sure it has the new "USSSA BPF 1.20" (Thumbprint) logo on it. Be sure you know where your new "legal looking" bat has come from. Some illegal bats are being repainted or 'doctored' and sold as "legal" bats. These bats can be dangerous and if someone was injured by one of these altered bats, the batter and the person repainting/selling it, may be liable and any liability insurance they have could be null and void. Ignorance of where a bat came from or that is has been altered is not an excuse. This also means one should be careful when borrowing a teammate's bat unless you know for sure it is a legal bat. Please note that bats with multiple standards listed must meet all the requirements of each of these standards.
- Game On Mobile
To assist our League and Tournament Directors, SPO is proud to partner with Game On Mobile, the leader in sports league management software!
Manage your league and tournaments, share schedules and standings, get directions to games, real-time score updates, announcements, and more, right on your device!
For more information, contact Game On Mobile!
- 2022 Worth Hot Dot Offer
- How To Register
Already a Member of SPO? New to SPO and need to Sign up? Click on Member Login below to get started!
Need assistance? Call us at (905) 646-7773, or email email@example.com.