No positions are available at this time.
For more information concerning a possible Internship with SPO, please email Tom Buchan, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you love slo-pitch as much as we do and want to be more involved, consider joining the SPO Team! For almost 40 years now, SPO has been the slo-pitch organization of choice because of our dedication to the game and those who play it. SPO was established back in November of 1982 to create more awareness of the sport of slo-pitch and to better communicate with its participants throughout Ontario. Decades later, we continue to do that with a faithful and dedicated group of volunteers who share a love of the game and help us to fulfill our Mission to foster and improve the game of slo-pitch.
We are always looking for good people, knowledgeable in the sport, and respected by their peers, to help us administer our programs and services. You'd be joining a team whose core has worked together for over 30 years to help build this game to what it is today!
Want to be part of our Team and join the SPO Family? Contact Tom Buchan today at email@example.com, or call him directly at (905) 646-7773.
Since 1982, Slo-Pitch Ontario Association (SPO) has worked extensively to create and develop many programs and services to assist players, coaches, league executives, umpires and convenors/directors with their local programs. In 1992, SPO became a Member Association of Softball Ontario and affiliated with Softball Canada, the officially recognized national and provincial slo-pitch/softball organizations.
Slo-Pitch Ontario organized the Province into 9 geographical Zones to help better serve all 444 municipalities in Ontario. In a typical season, SPO:
- registers over 250 adult slo-pitch leagues
- hosts over 300 adult slo-pitch teams competing in 20+ divisions over multiple weekends for our Provincial Championships
- hosts approximately 20 Super Series Events for teams of Mens A, B and C calibre of play
- hosts 10+ Super Series Events for teams of Womens A, B and C calibre of play
- sanctions 20+ Qualifying and Non-Qualifying Tournaments where over 400 teams participate in various divisions of play from April to October
- hosts an OFSAA-sanctioned High School Provincial Championship for 32
- hosts a Canadian Championship Qualifying Event (SPO Miken Elimination Tournament)
- hosts 4 Senior Circuit Events for over 25 Mens teams in divisions for players who are 50-75+ years of age
Part of our Mission is to protect and promote the mutual interests of all of our Members. By partnering with SPO, you can reach the extensive variety of demographics represented by our Membership, help build your brand image through real and tangible "lifestyle" association, test a product market, enhance relationships with your consumers, and raise your profile and awareness with your target audience.
There are innumerable ways that partnering with SPO can be mutually beneficial! From a full page ad in our Official Slo-Pitch Handbook, website advertising and promotion, social media campaigns, coupon/promo codes offered through our new Mobile App and Rewards Program and our online store (The SPOrt Store), on-site opportunities at both our premier events and throughout the Province for the sampling and selling of product(s), and even distribution of product through event registration.
For more information on partnering with SPO, please contact Tom Buchan at (905) 646-7773, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.