- High School Provincial Championships
The annual SPO Girls' High School Slo-Pitch Provincial Championships is an OFSAA-sanctioned tournament that is held each year on the Thursday and Friday following Victoria Day. High school teams from all over Ontario come to compete for Awards and bragging rights, proudly repping their School or District.
The 25th Annual Tournament took place May 25-26, 2023, and marked the return of this popular tournament since 2019!
Congratulations to our Champions - Kingsville District High School Cavaliers of Kingsville, ON ('AAA' Champion), St. Thomas of Villanova Wildcats of LaSalle, ON ('AA' Champion) and St. Mary Catholic Secondary School Crusaders of Hamilton ('A' Champion)! Great job by all!
For all the scores and results from this year's Tournament, go to Game On Mobile!
- Canadian Championships
The Softball Canada Men's and Women's Canadian Slo-Pitch Championships is the most prestigious tournament in Canada where the top Men's and Women's slo-pitch teams from every Province and Territory battle for GOLD - the ultimate award to be earned in slo-pitch in this country.
The 2023 Men's and Women's Canadian Slo-Pitch Championships will be held August 13-19, 2023 at Slo-Pitch City, in Dorchester, Ontario, and is being hosted by Slo-Pitch Ontario!
For more information, including Schedules and Results, click HERE!
Criteria for Nomination as a Canadian Championship Representative^
(Rev'd November, 2009)
Ontario #1: Elimination Champions (if Canadian Defending Champ, then Elimination Finalist).
Ontario #2: Provincial Champions (if Defending Champ or Ontario #1, then Provincial Finalist and if Finalist is Defending Champion or Ontario #1, then third place finisher).
Ontario #3 (if applicable*): The Team with the highest point total of Super Series "A" Division not already selected.
Ontario #4 (if applicable*): The Team winning the Canadian Qualifier.
Ontario #5 (if applicable*): If Defending Champ is from Ontario and if applicable.
^Successful teams are eligible for the Canadian Championships the year following their qualifying Event.
^Qualified Mens teams must compete in the Eliminations and four (4) Super Series Events, including the Provincial Championships, in the year of the Canadian Championships. Qualified Womens teams must compete in the Eliminations and three (3) Super Series Events, including the Provincial Championships, in the year of the Canadian Championships.
*Softball Canada Special Operating Rules (SOR) allow each Province one (1) berth. Since up to 16 team are allowed, Ontario, due to its size, is guaranteed a second berth. If space is available, under the present Rules, Ontario may receive up to a maximum of four (4) berths. Defending Champions will not be included in the 4 berths. Host Team (if applicable) must be included in the four berths.
Teams must be aware that there is no guarantee the 3rd and 4th berths will be available every year, and cannot be confirmed until after the May 1st commitment date.
Teams must use their Qualifying Rosters, plus three (3) eligible pick-ups, to a maximum of 17 players, as per Softball Canada SOR's.
To be eligible for participation, all teams must be members in good standing of Slo-Pitch Ontario and be approved by the SPO Board of Directors. Slo-Pitch Ontario reserves the right to revise this Criteria at any time.
Canadian Championship Rosters
The Issue: Since teams qualify the year previous to the Championships, each year one or more qualified teams asked to be allowed to pick up additional players. It appears these difficulties have occurred because players leave a qualified team to play for another team the following year with the understanding they will be playing at the Canadian Championships for their new team as a pick-up. The outcome is the original team, even with the three pick-ups, ends up struggling to get sufficient players for their Canadian Championship roster.
The Restrictions: Teams have said they definitely want to qualify the previous year. The Softball Canada Special Operating Rules (SOR) states that teams must use only players on their Qualifying Roster and a team may add a maximum of 3 pick-ups.
The Solution: As a result of the request of the teams to be allowed additional pick-ups when players left their team, the Slo-Pitch Ontario Board of Directors met and examined the situation. They agreed that something was needed to stop players from moving to other teams that will be participating in the Canadian Championships. First, the Board reaffirmed that they could not allow additional pick-ups but must follow the Softball Canada SOR's and only allow 3 pick-ups.
The Board of Directors then unanimously adopted the following policy: Players on the Qualifying Roster of a team accepting a Canadian Championship berth may only play for that team at the Canadian Championships. If they leave a qualified team to play for a different team during the season of the Championship, they may not play for this team at the Championships. The only team (this includes other P/T teams) they may play for at the Canadian Championship is their original team.
Note: This policy came into effect at the beginning of the 2008 season.
- Ontario Championships
For more information, please go to Ontario Championships.
- Senior Circuit
For more information, please go to Senior Circuit.
- Super Series
For more information, please go to Super Series.
The Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Bavarian Slo-Pitch Classic is THE "Not To Miss Event" of the season, and an Official KW Oktoberfest Event! This year it will be even more special as it celebrates its 35th year, so get your team together and join over 200 teams to play this game we love one last time before the snow flies!
Divisions offered are MENS and COED Competitive, C, D, E, F and WOMENS Competitive, C, D, E.
It's never too early to register!
For more information, or to register, CLICK HERE!
- Corporate / Charity Tournament Program
SPO is happy to assist local businesses, corporations, organizations and service clubs in running a slo-pitch game or tournament for a team-building experience, charity event, or just a fun-filled activity!
Let us help you plan it all, and then you can take all the credit!
For one low cost, SPO will provide your Event with:
- Insurance Coverage
- Drawboards and Posters
- A Handbook with Playing Procedures for easy reference
- Gift for the Tournament Organizer/Convenor
- One (1) set of Awards per 8 teams
- Raffle prize (minimum value of $100)
- Scheduling Assistance
- Access to tournament management software with Game On Mobile, featuring real-time score updates, results and messaging
- Special pricing in The SPOrt Store for additional awards and merchandise, if needed
- Coupons and promo codes from our Corporate Partners for all participants
For more information, or to start planning your special event, email email@example.com TODAY!
- Tournament Directors
SPO Tournament Directors are a valuable part of our Association! And we'll do all that we can to help them run their most successful events to date!
As a SPO Tournament Director, YOU GET:
- Your tournament on the Tournament Calendar at www.slopitch.org, as well as under Upcoming Events right on the home page...
- Access to our Member Registration System (MRS) where you can see your Event, the teams entered, and much more...
- The ability to quickly and easily email all of the teams entered in your Tournament...
- Help and assistance from experienced and dedicated slo-pitch people...
- Scorebooks for all teams...
- Draw Boards and Posters...
- A Tournament Director gift...
- Online access to the Official Slo-Pitch Handbook for handy reference...
- Access to the Ontario Championships for all participating teams...
- Choice of amazing Awards from The SPOrt Store, including apparel and gear from Worth, Miken, Rawlings, Mizuno and New Era, all at incredibly low prices to fit any budget...
- Contact information for Softball Ontario-carded Umpires in your area...
- Tournament email and/or social media service available allowing you to contact hundreds of teams/players interested in entering tournaments...
- Full-time Tournament Coordinator available for assistance...
- Your Awards and Tournament Supplies delivered right to your door...
- Tournament Director Liability Insurance for you and your volunteers...
- AND MORE!
For more information on running your next event with the SPO Team, email firstname.lastname@example.org TODAY!